In our relationship,
bribery compromise is the key to happiness. For example, if I go to Cabella’s, Fiance always buys me a cone of their warm, candied pecans. Since I’m the schemer on the team, I have been working on ways to get the Cabella’s taste at home. I put together this recipe to attempt to never set foot in Cabella’s again recreate the experience without leaving the house. I also added in coconut, because, well, it’s delicious.
I have big plans for this little recipe. I think it would be an amazing topping to a brown sugar cupcake. I also want to try it out in granola and think it would be fabulous in fudge. I’m basically going to try to work it in anywhere that I can, because I’m rather smitten with the combination of flavors and hope you are too!
Candied Pecans with Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, and Coconut
You will need:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 1/4 cups halved pecans
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 225. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg white and water for a couple of minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly frothy.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla extract and coat evenly with the egg white-water mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the sugars, salt, cinnamon and coconut.
- Cover the pecans evenly with the sugar-coconut mixture.
- Spread pecans into the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, if possible.
- Bake until nuts are toasted and fragrant, approximately 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- When nuts are cool, place in an airtight container and store for up to two weeks, if you can resist eating them all when they’re hot and fresh out of the oven!