I splurged for my birthday and made a delicious, indulgent cheesecake cupcake recipe to serve at my party last night. The splurge I am referring to here wasn’t on the calories – it is the fact that I voluntarily parted with Girl Scout cookies and did so happily because I love my friends dearly. Cheesecake is great for parties because it isn’t something you have to fuss over to make it pretty when you serve, as with a traditional layer cake or cupcakes. Those require attention to detail with frosting and decorations to consider. I had a lot of party planning to do, and these cheesecakes allowed me to serve something adorable but not time-consuming. Sure I dolled mine up a bit, but they would have been just as devoured had I skipped the frou-frou. But I never skip the frou-frou and wouldn’t dream of it on my birthday.
Girl Scout Cookie Cheesecake Cupcakes
You will need:
- 2 1/2 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 boxes girl scout cookies, any type
Tagalong Cheesecake variation
In addition to the above ingredients, you will need:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Begin by placing liners in your cupcake pans and adding a whole cookie to the bottom for large cupcakes. I used 1/3 of a Samoa and Tagalong cookie for the mini sized cupcakes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt and mix well, then stir in flour and sour cream.
- If you are making the Tagalong version, stir in the remaining ingredients. Note that I did half of the cupcakes vanilla and half with the peanut butter mixture, so you may need to double the quantities if you are going to do the entire cheesecake with the peanut butter version.
- Pour the filling into the liners and bake for 30 minutes (for small cupcakes) or 45 minutes for standard-sized cupcakes.
- Decorate with very cute fluffy toothpicks, if you have them on hand.
I wish I had more pictures of my birthday party, but I was too busy enjoying myself. Here we are at the dessert table (note poor Mops was terrified of all of the noise, so she demanded BF hold her for a bit):