- 4 medium sized pork medallions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Mediterranean herb mix (or a combination with oregano, rosemary, parsley, salt, and pepper)
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel
- Brush the beaten egg over the pork and distribute the herbs evenly on each of the pork pieces, patting to make sure they stick. Mine looked about like this:
- Place a large skillet on the stove top and set to medium heat. Add the olive oil, wait thirty seconds, and add 1 tbsp. of the balsamic vinegar.
- Cook the pork, turning occasionally until its cooked as desired (about five minutes each side was perfect at my house).
- As you cook the pork, drizzle the remaining balsamic.
For the roasted vegetables, you will need:
- 2 medium-sized yellow squash, sliced into large pieces
- 2 zucchini squash, sliced into large pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into six to eight slices each (like an apple)
- 1/2 tsp. each sea salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, and oregano
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375. Slice all vegetables and place on a baking sheet.
- Toss with olive oil and seasonings and try to make sure the vegetables are roughly in a single layer, like this:
- Roast for appx. 1 hour. The tomatoes and onions will be nice and crunchy.
To serve, layer the prepared rice at the bottom of a shallow bowl. Add the vegetables, a sprinkle of feta, and another little drizzle of balsamic, if you feel so inclined. Cover with a piece of pork and about a tablespoon of feta to crown your glorious dinner.