Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. This one is ours. Since we only have a few short days left until New Years Resolutions are pledged, I figured you’d want a few last indulgences while 2013 was still around. That’s the proper way to look at resolutions, right? Hold out until the very last minute? No point in starting now.
It would be impossible to prove that this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever, but let me just say that I have sampled more chocolate chip cookie recipes in my time than the average person. This recipe is the product of an honest taste-test by my cookie-obsessed husband. I will make a batch, he’ll critique it slightly, and I’ll revise. The most important factor for me is texture. The baking power and baking soda mixture is perfect for cookies that are slightly crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle. For husband, it’s all about chocolate chips and adding just a touch of cinnamon.
When we pulled these chocolate chip cookies out of the oven and he tried one, his eyes got big and he proclaimed that our recipe innovation work was done. Now, it’s cute that I’m saying “we” and “our,” as of course I was the one fine-tuning the recipe. His contribution was to point out anything that needed correction in the previous recipe. Equal pay for equal work, that’s all I’m saying.
You will need:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. coursely ground sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecan pieces, toasted
- 3 1/4 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugars, and vanilla for a couple of minutes, until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and continue to stir.
- Gradually incorporate flour mixture (about 1/3 of the mixture at a time).
- Add in pecan pieces and chocolate chips last.
- Bake for 12 minutes.