Regardless of how much your Valentine spoiled you with chocolate, there’s always room for one more sweet on the dessert buffet. Pudding cookie recipes seem to be the “hip new thing,” if I have any authority whatsoever to declare anything “hip.” The idea is that adding a box of pudding mix makes cookies chewy, soft, and flavorful. I used French Vanilla pudding mix in this recipe, but I would also suggest trying White Chocolate pudding mix.
White Chocolate Pudding Cookies with Cinnamon
You will need:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature or lightly melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 package French vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 oz box)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
For the cinnamon sugar, you will need 1/3 cup each white and brown sugar and 2-3 tbsp (to taste) cinnamon. Stir together in a small bowl and set aside for now. We’ll get to that.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large bowl (or a standing mixer), add the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, pudding mix, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine salt, flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Gradually add to your standing mixer.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Using your (clean) hands or a scoop, roll each cookie dough piece in cinnamon sugar mix as desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Mops seemed to think that these smelled pretty divine. And she knows that when it comes to cookies, my “enthusiasm” might yield some crumbs for a patient little pup.
If you are interested in other pudding cookie recipes, here is one that I am keen to try in the near future: Double Chocolate Pudding Cookies